How to start
Handshake allows you to create your own workspaces and make it easy for your team to manage knowledge. Discussing new ideas becomes simpler in Handshake.
Sign up for your account
Create your project workspace
Invite your team members
What You Get
Create your own workspaces and bring your team together. Have an unlimited number of workspaces and invite an unlimited number of participants.
Moreover, no limits on a number of file uploads will allow you to benefit from Handshake to the fullest. Stay organized and productive all the time.
Work together with your team here and now using a real-time collaborative editor. (Up to 20 people)
Work on the same document with your team with no time lags. Exchange text files between different word processors, upload files, use cross-document links, code snippets and more. Save time that could be spent on screen share meetings.
Approve documents with the DACI matrix of responsibility. You can change roles for any document at any moment. There are four roles that you can assign participants to fulfill:
an initiator of any changes made in the knowledge base;
the one who makes decisions by approving them;
a consultant who suggests and makes changes to a document;
the one who is informed about the decision.
Security is Handshake’s priority. The best security practices are used to prevent any file access attacks.
All your data are encrypted and fully protected from leakage or theft. Besides, no one has private access to your documents until they accept your invitation.
Easily monitor the list of participants and remove them from the shared spaces at any moment.
Track and manage the history of documents or drafts from release to release. Any changes that are approved by participants make a document the latest agreed version or, in other words, source of truth.
Yet you can review the previous versions of documents and restore them.
Don’t get lost in thousands of documents. Use the shortcut of Cmd+K or Ctrl+K to find exact information across all your workspaces.
Have access to important information you are looking for at the right moment.
Smart attributes coming soon
The smart attributes feature makes you be able to convert any piece of text into your own data attribute. By making up a data attribute for yourself, you can extend the power of document filtering.
Retrieve any document that falls under your data attributes. Handshake is integrated with such types of data as texts, numbers and enums.
Fast onboarding coming soon
Make new hires feel welcome to your team. Some feel discomfort asking questions; others get tired of responding to them. Provide your new employees with all t he important information to help them settle quicker in a new position.
Instead of wasting time and productivity on answering the same questions again and again, you can easily share step-by-step instructions and prepared FAQs with them.
Public websites coming soon
Create a website based on approved documents. You can easily share your knowledge online. No coding skills are required from your side. Publish and share your documents like a new website page.
Document all coding processes, make brainstorming and sharing knowledge sessions, implement critical code changes with reduced risk of errors.
Organize your team and define project roles, share instructions with your team members, store all resources and projects within a single workspace.
Marketing & Sales
Share best win-win sales strategies with your colleagues, search for saved marketing templates fast, notify your colleagues of any updates within a workspace.
- How to get started with Handshake?
- Create an account on our platform for free. No credit is required to get started.
- How to invite my team to a workspace?
- Click on the “Invite” button and insert the email of a person you want to be able to contribute to your knowledge base.
- What are the document collaboration roles used in Handshake?
There are four roles you can assign participants to fulfill:
- Driver – an initiator of any changes made in the knowledge base;
- Approver – the one who makes decisions by approving them;
- Contributor – a consultant who suggests and makes changes to a document;
- Informed - a person, who need to be informed about the outcomes;
Roles can be changed for any document at any moment.
- What features does Handshake have?
- Despite having a simple and clear interface, Handshake has a number of advanced features, including a real-time editor, document approver, document version control and others. Read more about the features here.
- What are use cases for Handshake?
- Handshake is useful for most teams. Read more about use cases here.
- Is it a final version of Handshake?
- Of course, no. We are working on new updates. The new version of Handshake is coming every month and will be more useful and functional. Check our roadmap here.